1. Which of the following cities hosts one of the four original NAPs? (Choose all that apply)
A. San Francisco, CA
B. Washington, DC
C. New York, NY
D. Seattle, WA
E. Chicago, IL
2. The original four NAPs are called what?
A. Public Internet exchange points
B. Private Internet exchange points
C. Commercial Internet Exchange (CIX) points
D. Federal Internet Exchange (FIX) points
3. Smaller companies and individuals use a(n) ____________ to make the connection to a commercial backbone.
4. Before data gets into a T1 line, it must be cleaned and formatted by a device called what?
D. Demarc device
5. The point at which the communications network owned by one company connects to the communications network owned by another company is called what?
C. Entrance facility
D. Main distribution frame
6. Network backbone cabling run from floor to floor connecting the main cross-connect to intermediate cross-connects on each floor is referred to as ____________ cabling.
7. Which standard addresses the entrance facility, equipment room, backbone pathways, telecommunications room, and horizontal pathways?
D. There is no standard for these components.
8. Which standard specifies UTP standards
D. There is no standard for these components
9. What are the two choices you have for terminating network wiring in the telecommunications room?
B. LAN router
C. Patch panel
D. Punchdown terminal
10. True or false? You terminate both workstation drops and backbone wiring using the same device.
TRUE / FALSE
11. The patch panel is then connected to the multiport hub by ______________ cables.
12. Backbones, workstation runs, and cross connects are part of what type of wiring?
13. If you're using copper cable, what type of cable do you use for user and patch cords?
14. Many companies run what type of cabling as their backbone media?
A. Fibre optic
B. Solid twisted pair
C. Stranded twisted pair
15. Minimise sharp bends in the cable, which can distort the ______________ of the cable.
16. In a UTP installation, you don't want to exceed what distance from the user's equipment to the final termination point in the telecommunications room?
A. 10 metres
B. 90 metres
C. 100 metres
D. 1000 metres
17. What are two popular options for horizontal runs to modular office systems? (Select two.)
A. Cable trays
B. Consolidation points
C. Multiuser outlets
D. Straight runs
18. What AWG gauge is most common for cross-connect jumpers?
19. For LAN cross-connects, how many pairs of wires are in the cable?
20. Which terminating device has the following advantages?
- It's a permanent link
- Channel testing is easier
- It's a solid connection
- Moves easily
A. Connecting block
B. Patch panel
21. A wire map test checks for wiring errors and ____________ faults.
22. When the signal from one pair of wires interferes with the signal on another pair of wires, it's called what?
C. Near end crosstalk
D. Signal degradation
1) B, E
9) C, D
10) True. You can use the same patch panel or punchdown to terminate both workstation drops and backbone wiring.
17) B, C